Purpose of position
To ensure the clean and hygienic maintenance of the Nursing Home. To keep a high standard of appearance and cleanliness that contributes to the quality of lifestyle experienced by each resident. This is particularly applicable to each residents’ privacy and dignity and in respect of their personal possessions.
- To carry out all daily cleaning routines as requested by the Housekeeping Manager or their deputy.
- To thoroughly clean all allocated rooms.
- To clean sanitary and other equipment, paying attention to guidelines for infection control and germ management.
- You should report any breakdown of equipment or fittings that require maintenance.
- To dispose of waste bags into designated bins.
- Familiarise yourself with the Homes Health & Safety policy.
- You should be aware of the Home’s uniform policy and to wear protective clothing and footwear at all times.
Training & Development Responsibilities
- To maintain and improve knowledge and competence.
- You must attend all mandatory training.
- You will attend and contribute to staff meetings.
- You will attend an annual appraisal, working with the Housekeeping Manager to identify training needs and ideas for development.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- It is your responsibility to read all the company’s policies and procedures.
- It is your responsibility to report any hazards to the Housekeeping Manager or the Registered Manager.
- You are responsible for reporting all accidents to the Housekeeping Manager or the Registered Manager. You should also record it in the Accident Report Book.
This job description is current and subject to a yearly review in consultation with the job holder, usually during appraisal.
The job description reflects the culture and core values of Birtley House which actively promote team spirit and aims to “Be the Best”.
Applications close Friday 17th July 2020.