PURPOSE OF POSITION
The aim of the role is to ensure a continuity of service to our residents in all aspects of the Home. The role will require you to work flexibly between Housekeeping, Kitchen and Maintenance teams to support the service through the current pandemic. The role will focus on maintaining good hygiene and infection control standards and ensure that all company property, stocks and supplies are managed in an effective way.
- To carry out all daily cleaning routines as requested by your Line Manager
- To ensure that all equipment, stock and other company property is managed and maintained cleanly and safely in the designated spaces.
- To ensure that daily routines are completed effectively and efficiently in support of the Care and Nursing teams.
- To report any breakdown of equipment or fittings that requires maintenance or cannot be kept up to standard through the normal cleaning process.
- To follow waste disposal procedures including correct segregation of waste streams.
- To ensure all reasonable steps are taken to prevent wastage of supplies and food items.
- To assist the Duty Chef with duties in the kitchen as required.
- You will work on a rota as required, which will include weekends and bank holidays.
- You need to be able to use common sense and initiative to complete the tasks you are given.
- The role requires excellent teamwork and a positive approach.
- To undertake such other duties as may be mutually determined from time to time.
Training and Development
- Remain committed to maintaining and improving one’s own professional knowledge and competence.
- To attend an appraisal on an annual basis and identify training needs.
- To attend supervision meetings
- To develop and maintain own knowledge and skills.
- Attend all mandatory training courses as directed.
Health and Safety
- It is your responsibility to read all the company’s policies and procedures, keep up to take with Company regulations and adhere to them.
- It is your responsibility to report any hazards to your Line Manager.
- To report all staff and/or residents’ accidents to the most senior trained staff member on duty and complete the appropriate documentation immediately.
- To be aware of all risk assessments relevant to the tasks you are undertaking.
- To wear suitable clothing and footwear at all times in adherence to the Uniform Policy.
- To wear correct PPE whilst carrying out duties.
- Ensure all cleaning agents to be stored and labelled in a safe place in accordance with the Company’s COSHH Policy.
- To ensure all food safety and HACCP procedures are completed in accordance with the Food Hygiene Policy.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY VIA THIS ONLINE APPLICATION FORM: https://birtleyhouse.formstack.com/forms/job_application_form
This job description is current and subject to a yearly review in consultation with the job holder, usually during appraisal.
The job description reflects the culture and core values of Birtley House which actively promotes team spirit and the aim is to “be the best”.